RE: [IP] Re Type 2, David's question (warning...long)

Thanks Barbara,

That is the way I interpreted the definitions of type 1 and type 2. Prior to
actually reading the definitions I assumed that type 1 the pancreas produced
little or no insulin while type 2 meant that the person was insulin
resistant. Actually type 1 means that the pancreas produces little or no
insulin due to an autoimmune process. Any other reason for the lack of
insulin production means that it is not type 1 diabetes. Type 2 can mean
that the person is primarily insulin resistant but it doesn't necessarily
mean that.

And I agree with you one hundred percent that the important thing is to
control the blood sugar.

You mention the various subsets of type 2. Is there a site on the internet
that I can read up on these?

Thanks again,

David Dougherty