[IP] doughnuts and square waves

you could try the same but instead of just doing 1 unit for 2 hours...try
raising your basal by 0.3 for 4  hours after eating.  this works for geneva
when she eats high glycemic foods (sugary cereal),  pizza and these nasty
"krimpet/ krumpet" numbers that she adores now...or those little debbie
snack cakes that are high in white flour and fat.