On Sat, 23 Oct 1999, CARRIE VARGAS wrote:

> 	How do you think I should proceed at Caitlyn's Appt. with her Endo and
> clinic team on November 11th?  I wanted to walk in armed and ready!

Knowledgable, polite and firm. You want the best possible treatment for
your daughter and would like to know how soon the necessary letter of
medical necessity can be prepared so you can get the insurance wheels
turning. You should be prepared with the DCCT study info, current bg
profiles of your daughter, pump management (read all of Pumping Insulin),
and a reasonable time table for a pump start (training, etc...). I your
doctor knows you are committed, prepared and that you've made up your
mind, there is little wiggle room left.