Re: [IP] hypoglycemic unawareness

John,

While I don't know an answer to your question (classes on glucose awareness),
I did notice you mentioned our wife had to call an ambulance a few times.

You might want to get some Glucagon!  If you do, teach your wife how to
give you a shot of it (if she hasn't given any before).  I became IDDM
in the 60's, and glucagon was a life saver many times with me as a
child.  My mom would bring it along when she'd get the call from school,
or someone found me....  However, it seems like glucagon is not as
common today.  I spoke with a pharmacist a couple years ago, and he
poo-pooed my need for glucagon, and said I should just use frosting!
If he reflects the trends in prescribing glucagon, then it might be
fading - but it shouldn't!!  Unless I am ignorant of some major problems
with using it!!    I still have a kit of it now - but my wife hasn't
had to use it on me as often as I once needed it (nite hypos).

Kevin
WB0DPN