Re: [IP] funny definitions of food....

On 22 Oct 99 at 14:00, Jessica Marder wrote:

> so, does anyone else out there have a funny definition of food?  my
> boyfriend has pointed out that when i say, "i want food" or "i need food" i am
> not referring to a steak, but to something that will raise my blood sugar...
> it could be anything, ice cream, milk, whatever, so long as its got
> significant carbs.....  i think this is a little odd... but it is an accurate
> observation... anyone else do something like this?

I've had several people comment on the fact that when I say "I need to eat" or
"I need food" what I'm really implying is "something with significant sugar in
it" and not something like vegatables, meat or cheese...  I think they base
this on my refusal of those things when offered and my acceptance of "junk
food"...  maybe this is one of those common approaches to communicating we have

Randall P. Winchester
* misunderstood something.