> Caitlyn uses 6 1/2 units of NPH and 1-2 units of humolog in the
> morning. In the evening she gets 3 1/2 units of ultralente and 1/2-1
> 1/2 units of humolog.  What should I know?
> Michael wrote:

that's 10 units a day of basal. There would be no obvious reason to
use diluted insulin for someone with that high an insulin
requirement. On the average it is slightly more than 0.4u/hr. Her
real requirements will vary across the day, probably be higher at
some times and lower -- even 0 -- at others. My daughter ran a basal
rate of 0u/hr for about 5 hrs a day for the first few months of her
pump use.