Re: [IP] Dr. Tamborlane

deborah wrote:
> They are having a speaker and his name is Dr. Tamborlane, he is from the Pediatric Endocrinology Department of Yale University. Does anyone know anything about this guy? Just wanted to know.

Deborah:

Dr. Tamborlane is the Chief of Pediatric Endocrinology at Yale School of
Medicine.  He was one of the developers of the insulin pump.  He was
Steve's doctor when he was first diagnosed in 1991 until a few years
ago, when Yale announced that they would begin charging patients for
"telephone consultations" (also known as telephone calls), and we sought
care elsewhere.  He is an excellent physician and an interesting
speaker.

They have a very active adolescent diabetes program at Yale with some
kids on pumps and some kids on MDI.  Liz Boland, who is one of the
nurses in the diabetes program at Yale, works with that program and was
the author of "Teens, Pumping it Up" which is available from MiniMed.
We were sorry to leave Yale but I had some real philosophical
differences with them about charging for a phone call - and we also had
a couple of run-ins with the famous "nurse of the year".

I think you will enjoy what Dr. T has to say.

Sharon
Mom of Steven, age 13, now a patient at CT Children's Medical Ctr.
Pumping since 7/6/99