Re: [IP] Tricare, Silohettes, and a beautiful MDI Free World

Which Tricare region are you in?  When we were in the Tricare Heartland
region we were able to order directly from Tricare and MM billed Tricare.  We
just moved this past July, so maybe it's changed since then, but knowing how
slow the military healthcare cogs turn, I doubt it.

We're now in the Tricare West region and like you we've been getting the run
around on where we can get our pump supplies.  I was also given a bunch of
numbers.  The first two were to pharmacies in Omaha, we live in Grand Forks,
ND, and they had no idea what I was talking about.  I finally found someone
on the third call who did know something about all of this and proceeded to
take my order.  Now...two days later I get a call from the Tricare rep who
said that the pharmacy I ordered from wasn't approved on their plan.  This
was a pharmacy that Tricare gave me the number to!!!  I was to call another
pharmacy (all of these are long distance calls to NE) and order from them.

Eventually I had supplies from both pharmacies show up, I had to package up
the one and send it back.  What a fiasco.  The funny thing is now they are
both approved to order from and I'll get supplies from both.  Only one will
supply the Accu-Check Comfort Curve strips.  The other won't since Tricare
doesn't reimburse them enough to make it worth their while.

I'm glad you like the Sils.  At least it's nice to know that you can use
either.  The introducer needle is pretty intimidating, I agree.  We're
waiting for the Micros we ordered to show up.  Maybe our daughter will be
able to use them, although we've been happy with the Sils, once we figured
out how to keep them stuck to her!

I don't mean to sound like I'm whining, (even though I am :-)).  I'm thankful
that Tricare paid for 85% of Lauren's pump.  We thought we were going to have
to pay for the entire thing ourselves.

We'll have to keep each other posted on what's going on with Tricare.

Take Care,