[IP] Pump start disaster- Thanks for support-long again

Thanks all for your support on Matt's pump start day disaster. Yesterday the
new pump arrived by 12:30 and my husband and i used emla cream to numb site,
and did the entire process ourselves after only having the one bad experience
on pump training day. We took our time, and insertion was perfect! No pain,
yahoo!  All is well, although i was jumping out of my skin because of nerves.
 Until about 1.5 hrs into new insertion........unexplained high b/g 379
corrected with 2.0 bolus, 1 hr later 380!  Ok, time to troubleshoot.  My 14yr
old son quickly discovered about 2" of air in the line!  So of course i call
mm and they advice me to change out the whole set. My husband and i think of
another way, and hope were right, we removed resovoir and pushed the air out!
 Re primed and yahoo air was gone, of course insulin was wasted, but site was
fine.  Today was ok although the new micro felt to Matt as if it
were coming out, finally by the end of recess at school, the tape was loose
enough for me to see it actually was pulling out, not knowing which is the
correct and safe way to handle this, i put it back in place, noticing that
there was no redness or irritation underneath tape or around cannula, so i
retape edges of tape, and numbers have been great since!  Tomorrow will be
set change day.  Tonight Matt had a large bedtime snack, 2 chocolate chip
cookies and chocolate milk, 81 to start bolus 3.0, 1 hr later  83, 2 hrs
later 112!  This is PUMPING!  Thanks all! Any advice on how to keep the new
micros in place................gladly accepted!