RE: [IP] FWD: PETITION IN SUPPORT OF WOMEN IN AFGHANISTAN

On 21 Oct 99, at 9:18, Kornfeld, Avner wrote:
> other forums you can post that one to.
> Subject: [IP] FWD: PETITION IN SUPPORT OF WOMEN IN AFGHANISTAN

Due to a flood of hundreds of thousands of messages in response
to an unauthorized chain letter,all mail to email @ redacted
is being deleted unread.

email @ redacted was not an organization, but a person
who was totally unprepared for the inevitable consequences of
telling thousands of people to tell fifty of their friends to tell fifty of
their friends to send her email.

It is our sincere hope that the hundreds of thousands of people who
continue to attempt to reply will find a more productive outlet for
their concerns. There are several excellent organizations and
individuals doing real work on the issues raised. We suggest that
you contact them through non-virtual channels to help. They all
have web sites with information and contact points. Unlike
sarabande, they can channel your energy in useful directions. Do
not let this incident discourage you.

Please do not forward unverified chain letters, no matter how
compelling they might seem. Propagating ~chain letters~ is
~specifically prohibited~ by the terms of service of most Internet
service providers; you could lose your account.