[IP] Pneumonia shot

My first endo insisted that I have a shot and told me NOT to get another one ever.  Well, about 7 years later, I read that pneu. shots were only good for approx. 5 years.  I had a different MD and I asked him about getting another shot, he said that it was a good idea.  I took the 2nd one, and I was sick all winter.  It seemed like I "caught" every virus and cold that was "in the air".  I won't make that mistake again!