Re: [IP] Help with highs after breakfast

In a message dated 10/20/99 9:20:23 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< Any ideas???? >>
 1.  Wait 15 minutes after the bolus before eating.
 2.  Try 14/1.

Stephen had the same problem, and we found waiting a few minutes to let the
insulin start kicking in before the food helps.  Especially since most
breakfasts are mostly carb with little or no fat, so there isn't much to slow
the absorption process.  And we found that 18/1 is the combo that works best
for him after starting with 15/1 than 20/1 and adjusting inbetween until his
numbers are where we can live with.