[IP] pneumonia shot questions

I have had pneumonia a couple of times now so I am probably going to get
the shot for it this year, as I would hate to get it and then give it to
Shane. Got a couple of questions for others who have had this done:
-Any adverse reaction to it? (fever, aches, swelling, etc)
-can it be given in conjunction with the flu shot, or do they have to be
done separately (maybe even with a few days waiting period between)
-How long is it good for? someone told me that it could last several
years or longer, which I find hard to believe.