Re: [IP] Diabetes-attention getter??

On 14 Oct 99 at 1:34, email @ redacted wrote:

> I was wondering if anyone has ever felt that others perceive your diabetes as
> a way to get attention from others.

A good friend of mine told me that he thought that diabetes was just an excuse
for me to get more nice toys... he said this while looking at my meters, Newton
with the Healthmate software, and my pump...  Then my wife pointed out that my
toys help keep me alive...

Some people will complain if you leave the table to go hide in the toilet to
test that "you're always making us wait for you because of your diabetes" while
other people will complain if you don't go hide in the toilet becuase "you're
always subjecting us to you testing in public"... In my opinion (not so humble,
I guess) you do what you have decided to do in order to survive.  If other
people have a problem with it, it's not your problem unless you allow them to
make it your problem.   The key is not to endanger yourself for someone else's

Randall P. Winchester
* misunderstood something.