Re: [IP] "Normal"

In a message dated 10/20/99 9:46:10 PM Eastern Daylight Time, email @ redacted

<< his numbers are often in the 300-400 range.  He
 states "I didn't eat that much, and I have been active".  He is not into
 sneaking yet, so I know that isn't the reason, but I hate to see the bg #'s
 as failures.   >>
    This is painfully familiar, even after 3 1/2 yrs on the pump. I can still
picture Melissa at age 10, planning to stop with me for an after-school
snack, while her sister was at another activity- only to discover that for no
discernible reason she was in the 300s...Wasn't long after that that I TOLD
her endo she needed a 4th shot...DUH..they didn't think she'd "want to"...no,
she'd rather a) have to deal with feeling like she had maple syrup running
through her veins and b) HOPE that even if she ate nothing, she'd have come
down in time to eat dinner with her family!!.....
    I'm sorry you're grappling with this frustration NOW, but hopefully if
you get your approval, the pump will smooth out a lot of this! When Melissa
started seeing predictable bgs with the pump, we told everyone it was as if
she'd gotten the "teacher's manual" with all the answers in the back & each
time she checked, it was just confirming that she'd done the "problem"

Regards, Renee ( pump-mom to almost 17 yr old Melissa)