Re: [IP] insertion pain?

At 07:53 AM 10/20/1999  Natalie A. Sera wrote:
>When I was on shots, I developed the technique of just pressing the
>needle on the surface of my skin first -- if it hurt, I'd move a few
>centimeters to one that didn't hurt before actually doing the injection.
>With the infusion sets, it's a little harder to do, because I need to
>lay down a protective layer first; and then I need to stay pretty much
>in the center of it. But I can still move a LITTLE bit.

I use this technique too... and, I used the same method with injections as
well. I've found that for me, if it's painful going in then it's more
likely to end up as a bad site. Because of that, I'd hate to deaden the
location first. 95% of the time, I can barely feel anything when inserting
the Silhouettes.

I've also learned over the years that fear makes it worse. The more you're
afraid that its going to hurt, the more it WILL hurt.