[IP] "Normal"

What a disheartening time.  Taylor (who is still on MDI-hopefully not much
longer), went on a hayride tonight with his scout troop, and he asked just
before they were leaving, "will I ever be a normal kid again, and not have
to take all of this?"  He didn't want to take his meter or insulin with, but
we knew they were having cookies and hot chocolate so he needed them.  He is
also getting very upset over his control of late, he is definitely out of
his honeymoon phase, and his numbers are often in the 300-400 range.  He
states "I didn't eat that much, and I have been active".  He is not into
sneaking yet, so I know that isn't the reason, but I hate to see the bg #'s
as failures.  We have never gotten after him for his bg, but merely said it
is just a number to see how the insulin is working.  He is only 9 and has a
long haul ahead of him.  He is usually ok with it, but I am sure some
hormones are beginning to play a role.
I am done venting now.
(Mom to Taylor 9 (dx 3-99), Amanda 7, and Alexander 20 months