[IP] Flu shots & viruses

Dan gets a flu shot every year.  He figures, "What's another shot?"  He
didn't get them at first, but one year he got every flu that went around.
Keeping his BGs in line was like walking a tightrope!  Now that he's on the
pump, I'm sure it'll be a little easier, but he still plans to get one.

He is 17 now, and four months before he was diagnosed at age 12, he had a
ruptured appendix with systemic infection.  He was in the hospital for 7
days.  They figured that stress triggered his diabetes.  His best friend at
that time was a diabetic.  We asked Dan if he was thinking he got it from
Josh.  He gave me the strangest look and said, "You can't CATCH diabetes!"
Lucky(?) for us, Josh and his parents were able to help us learn to live
with this.  Dan wasn't afraid of diabetes, as he was quite familiar with the