Re: [IP] consensus on lows

doreen ,

        yes ,about a year ago i had a very bad experience my husband said
that i woke him in the middle of the night biting his arm but he could not
get me awake so he called my mom who lives about 5 miles from us and she
came over and checkd my sugar which said 19 they called the parametics and
rubbed syrup on the inside of my mouth  untill the emts arrived and then put
me in the amb. and took me to the local hospital ,on the way i got 3 amps of
d50 and was still out the 20 min ride and the d50 made me begin to arrouse
as we got to the local hospital where no one new anythig about pumps so they
called my doc. and she told them to suspend my pump. the local jerk that
called himself a doctor's way of treating me was to tell my husband that all
diabetics need to keep candy at the head of the bed.that was it and it cost
us over 4000.00 ambulances and all. The next day i went to my doc and we
worked out the problem ,my thyroid level was to low allowing for exceptional
absorption of the insulin. i now keep glucogon at the head of my bed ,my
husband ,2 daughters and my mother know how to give it as well as how to
test my sugars, and i have my thyroid level checked every other month. deb