[IP] Virus theory

geneva also, (in addition to coxsackie)...developed a horrible case of all
body hives prior to dx...when she was about 3.  we could NOT determine the
allergens.  no new soap, detergent, food, etc.  had to carry her also
because her feet hurt so much from the welts/swelling.  she was a mess.  I
am sure this was somehow her immune system on a war path.

when my thyroid stopped functioning  (unbeknownst to me at the time)...and
my immune system was all but dead...I also developed this all over body
hives thing.  just awful.

yes indeed...autoimmune stuff runs rampant in our family!