Re: [IP] RE: flying and pump removal

In a message dated 10/14/99 1:07:13 PM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< ve racked up over 35000 frequent flier miles in the past 2 years, just on
 USAir alone (damn airline lock on Pittsburgh International).  Big jets,
 turboprops, you name it.  Long 6+ hours flights, short  half-hour hops,
 everything in between.  Never disconnected, never a problem.
 Airport security is sometimes a different story tho...
I just got back (thirty minutes ago) from a week's vacation in the West
Indies (Hurricane Jose caused havoc on our return flight)  I was on 4-5
different planes and went through security any number of times....I fully
expected my pump to set off the detector at the security check.....nope, not
a thing!    It was a very  pleasant experience.