Re: [IP] insertion pain?

Our daughter uses the Silhouettes and yes we use ELA-Max cream to numb the
area first.  By doing this she has no fear of the insertion and we thought
that was very important.  She was using the short insulin pen needles before,
so I'm positive that there would be a lot more discomfort for her with the
much longer Sil needle.  Also, the cannula is on the outside of the Sil
needle.  It takes a bit of pressure to break the skin and begin the
insertion.  She's only eight right now and we'll let her decide when she's
ready to do the insertions with no numbing cream.  Until then we have no
problem with it and she wouldn't trade her pump for anything!