Re: [IP] Re: Cheese

Hey Becky... the same happened with me since I was diagnosed
in 1992 - the doctor said that I could eat 1 pound of cheese without
problem!!! And... I ate. The blood sugar levels rose like a rocket
(not too fast, but HIGH) and until today cheese and milk are a
crucial question to me. My CDE told me that the cheese's carbos
aren't worthy to count, BUT they can act some hours after you have
eaten them - so take care and don't eaten them, just forget them.
I little bit is ok, tough.
Jose
email @ redacted

Well...I also will ... on occasion ... eat one ounce String Cheese...

However...cheese added to any meal such as a soft taco with shredded
cheese...creates a high bg many hours later!  I suppose this is akin to
the Pizza problem.

I would LOVE to have a grilled cheese sandwich...but WHEN to bolus for
the cheese?
I am talking HOURS later I go high!

I don't buy blocks of cheese anymore.  The String Cheese I buy as
training treats for the dog's (we do dog shows and dog sports as a
hobby) BUT do eat this once in awhile.

Becky LaSpina
IDDM - 1957  Pump since 12/29/98
(salivary glands working for some CHEESE)