Re: [IP] All negative!!

Dear Folks,

I have been reading your notes about the diabetes prevention study that is
going on and was wondering if anyone is afraid to have their kids tested?  I
am starting to take the "if it is unknown, maybe it isn't there" attitude.
After all why should I deal with something before it happens?

When my nine year old was tested when he was four, it was negative and when
he was to be retested at five he begged me not to take him back.  He was
terrified of needles.  I have never taken him back but now he seems to crave
sugar all the time and when he eats too much of it, his behavior is awful.  I
wonder if this is physical and something could be down the road or if it is
psychological since I maybe have always made a big deal out of not eating
sugar and fat type foods.  (My husband is very thin yet has a high, high
cholesterol level.)

What do you think?