[Previous Months][Date Index][Thread Index][Join - Register][Login]
[Message Prev][Message Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]

[IP] To: email @ redacted

Sorry, but I disagree.  With cars, you know MONTHS ahead of time when
(and WHAT) the new models will be (changes and features).  With the 508,
NO ONE (other then members of this list) knew beforehand what was going
on.  Even the people at MiniMed didn't know (or claim they didn't know).

To SELL the customer (and insurance) the idea that you are receiving the
latest, newest, most up-to-date model, only to find a few days later
that it isn't, is just plain wrong.

All I know is I was quite unhappy with getting the 507, knowing the 508
was then available.  MiniMed made it right by sending me a 508, but they
SHOULD have known (and told people) up front.


To: email @ redacted 
    Subject: Re: [IP] Re:Minimed 508 
    From: email @ redacted 
    Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 21:56:58 EDT 
    Reply-To: email @ redacted 

Ok.  I was just going to sit by and delete all these upgrade questions,
it is getting to me.  If you went to a car dealer, ordered the car of
dreams in red and took delivery 2 months later, you would be proud of
new vehicle.  2 weeks later the same model but in your favorite shade of
and a new high tech keypad and an improved garage door opener comes
out.  Do 
you think the dealer would let you trade it back?  Of course not.  Not 
without the depreciation for the trade and the cash difference.  Even if
had picked it up just the day before, you couldn't do that.  For the
who are taking delivery of the 507c after the 508 came out, that's a 
different story, you should have gotten a letter that the 508 is out and 
before you open this box you need to decide or need to contact your
co... Minimed should allow the upgrade if it has not been taken out of
box and/or programmed, so long as you pay the price difference.  But how
of you haven't opened the box?  I love some of the upgrades, but just
having to wait 3-4 years between new cars, Stephen will have to wait
insurance will pick up the major part of the cost of a new one.  I'm
sure if 
any of you are willing to pay out of pocket, you can have the 508 as
soon as 
you send them your check.  Or you can be happy with your 507c, or go
back to 
shots.  Your choice.
for HELP or to subscribe/unsubscribe, contact: HELP@insulin-pumpers.org
send a DONATION http://www.Insulin-Pumpers.org/donate.shtml