[IP] insertion pain?

Question: how much more does inserting an infusion set hurt as compared
with standard injections? I've seen several posts on folks (parents
especially) using EMLA to numb the site first, but I am assuming that
you generally didn't do this before with just injections? So this leads
me to believe there must be a great deal more pain? I am guessing also
that certain types of sets might be worse than others: the rapids and
sof-sets (and micros) seem to me more like how a regular injection would
go in than a sil, and the needle doesn't look THAT much bigger than a
syringe (course, I am not the one with the experience getting poked
every day either)...