Re: [IP] Re: Skipping Generations

In a message dated 10/19/99 2:50:59 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< As I understand
 it, one of my grandpas is type 2, but barely as he just controls with
 diet and no meds. >>

"Just barely?" No such thing as "just barely." You can't be "just barely"
diabetic, just as you can't be "a little bit pregnant" or have "just a touch
of AIDS." The method of control has nothing to do with it. It's good to be
able to control with diet and exercise, but the point is that, whatever
method we use, diabetes needs to be controlled.