Re: [IP] Re:Minimed 508

Ok.  I was just going to sit by and delete all these upgrade questions, but
it is getting to me.  If you went to a car dealer, ordered the car of your
dreams in red and took delivery 2 months later, you would be proud of your
new vehicle.  2 weeks later the same model but in your favorite shade of blue
and a new high tech keypad and an improved garage door opener comes out.  Do
you think the dealer would let you trade it back?  Of course not.  Not
without the depreciation for the trade and the cash difference.  Even if you
had picked it up just the day before, you couldn't do that.  For the people
who are taking delivery of the 507c after the 508 came out, that's a
different story, you should have gotten a letter that the 508 is out and
before you open this box you need to decide or need to contact your insurance
co... Minimed should allow the upgrade if it has not been taken out of the
box and/or programmed, so long as you pay the price difference.  But how many
of you haven't opened the box?  I love some of the upgrades, but just like
having to wait 3-4 years between new cars, Stephen will have to wait until
insurance will pick up the major part of the cost of a new one.  I'm sure if
any of you are willing to pay out of pocket, you can have the 508 as soon as
you send them your check.  Or you can be happy with your 507c, or go back to
shots.  Your choice.