[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V3 #574

In a message dated 10/18/1999 6:40:59 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

 Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 16:36:03 EDT
 From: email @ redacted
 Subject: [IP] high blood sugar / exercise
    I am hoping that some of you, with more knowledge than I, could help!?  I
 have heard some very contradicting advice,  and am very confused!  My sons
 says that exercising while having high BG is good,  because it will lower
 #'s.  But, my sons CDE says to not exercise while high.  Any advice??
 is not pumping, yet.                          Last week he had a blood sugar
 reading of 21.  This was our first experience that low,  & I guess I over
 treated! (4 glucose tabs,  a  >>
Don't know what you mean by "high".  Exercising when bg is over 250 is not
advised because it can raise bg even more.  That's about it in a nutshell.
Glad he recovered from 21, WOW!  Good Luck and keep us posted :>).