Re: [IP] correcting at bedtime-new question

In a message dated 10/18/99 9:50:10 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< Just wondering if anyone else notices this:  if I am high when I go to bed
 and give a correction bolus to fix it, it doesn't seem to lower me that
 much. This only happens if I go to sleep.  I need about twice as much
 insulin for highs while sleeping than while awake, and then I wake up high
 and it takes more insulin to bring me down.  I've read about insulin black
 holes :) but mine seem to appear only at night.  --Gianna >>
Stephen is the same way.  Last night he was 220 at bedtime (about 9).
Bolused 0.5 to bring him down to 170.  At midnight he was 240, so I gave him
another 0.5.  At 3am he was still 220 and he woke up at 6:30 at 190.  His
normal bolus for high is 1:100 during the day, but it looks like at night we
have to be a little more aggressive.