Re: [IP] Re: Silhouettes Complaint--Natalie

>Sam having a site almost sterilized is like being almost pregnant.  There's
>not much value in only being halfway.  If and when conditions are right for
>bacterial growth, it makes little difference if you start with 1, 10, or a
>100 bacteria.  The definition of sterilization is not at all ambiguous.
>The ambiguity comes with words like antiseptic, which in most cases is just
>a fancy word for cleanliness.

So, if you boil your stomach for about 10-15 minutes it would be
sterilized, although a little on the painful, leathery and useless side. :-)

Seriously, though... if you reduce the number of bacteria, even if not
100%, wouldn't this reduce the odds of an infection? It seems like it would
take longer for 1 bacterium to reproduce in sufficient quantities than
1,000. Or, after 2-3 days of using a set, it doesn't make that much
difference. Also, what constitutes the right conditions? Is there anything
we can do to make sure that these little guys are thoroughly unhappy? Does
antibacterial soap help?

I hope that you don't think that I'm being difficult, I just honestly want
to understand this stuff. It's hard to make good decisions without the
proper background.