Re: [IP] correcting at bedtime-new question

Hi Ruth
I am new here. I am type 1 for 22 years. Often when I have just milk at
bedtime for carbs I go high too. Try something like crackers and cheese,
maybe triscuits or wheat thins. They are whole grain whcih should make the
absorption slower and add the cheese because the protein also slows down
absorption. I know milk is easier but I think it gets absorbed too fast.
Also, I was told to eat ice cream (the cheap kind that has lots of gluten in
it) at bedtime because it is a complex carbohydrate and is absorbed slowly.
Ask your dietician or doc about the ice cream first though.Good Luck!!