Re: [IP] 5 days with the new 508

To: email @ redacted
     Subject: Re: [IP] 5 days with the new 508
     From: email @ redacted
     Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 22:02:01 EDT

How has the leather case been changed with the 508?  I have a 507C with
black leather case.  I find that the clear plastic window on the case
reflects the light and makes it hard to see the screen.  It would be
if the plastic window had a mat finish.

email @ redacted

The case design is different.

No more snaps.  The cover is part of the case (not sewed on) and folds
completely out of the way (it also contains a place with a clear cover
for the medic alert card).  It has a velcro closure and (to me) a better
design for the belt clip.

Looks very similar to cell phone cases (like the StatTac case).
Probably made by the same folks that make phone cases.