Re: [IP] correcting at bedtime-new question

gianna,

yup...same hole as geneva's.  this is part of the 'big issue' here on mail
list with young kids who are high when they hit the pillow.
geneva just went to bed ( 8 PM) at a low 82.  we gave her a 12 carb glass of
milk at 8:15.  this should have brought her only up to about 140.  tested
her one hour after and she is already 207.

maybe you are one of these strange "growth happens as soon as you fall
asleep people"/

we are setting a temp basal at about 0.4 points higher than her normal
(hell, what IS normal these days?.)   0.6- 0.8  when geneva hits pillow.

this lasts until 1 am when I know that she then starts to go down.

BTW...last couple of days geneva is running higher than 200 no matter what
she does.   we did not do a site change because she actually awoke this am
at 115!  after bolusing all night!  all day at school...in the 200's.  I am
wondering if she is now experiencing the "pre-period" stuff before actually
getting her period.  she is 10 1/2.

this is the pits!

ruth