Re: [IP] A curious question about hyper active kids and diabetes

At 11:56 PM 10/17/99 EDT, you wrote:
>I was told that ritilin is not good for diabetes?? is this true ?? I am a 27
>yr old ADHD just diagnosed and my doc said I can not use it ?? do others
Julie
Julie, My 14 year old son has ADHD,he's been on Ritalin since he was 7years
old.
He was diagnosed with diabetes at 12years old, and never had to stop taking
his Ritalin.
His pedi endocrin and his CDE know about his Ritalin and have never told us
he could take it.
Hope this helps.   Susan