RE: [IP] correcting at bedtime

> Michael,
> They are worried about nighttime lows with tight control.  They have
> had several pump patients have severe lows upon correcting at night.

I understand the problem, what I think is that the mentioned do not
understand the problem. Correction of highs anytime of the day is
done using the same rule set. It is difficult to cause a low due to a
well planned correction. The night time lows that occur (and there
have been many at our house) have rarely if ever had anything to do
with a correction before bed. Usually a high at bedtime that is
corrected will almost always result in a lower but still high in the
night reading simply due to insulin resistance brought on by the high
bg's. What bothers me about the reasoning is that it assumes that you
as parents are complete idiots and are incapable of figuring out the
nature of the problem. My experience with the folks on the list would
lead me to believe exactly the opposite. Most pumpers have so little
moment by moment contact with their medical team that even if it is
the best possible team in the country, the parents at the scene still
have more information and are more capable of making the correct
decision. I suppose YMMV, but the results so far lead me to believe