[IP] high blood sugar / exercise

   I am hoping that some of you, with more knowledge than I, could help!?  I
have heard some very contradicting advice,  and am very confused!  My sons Dr
says that exercising while having high BG is good,  because it will lower
#'s.  But, my sons CDE says to not exercise while high.  Any advice??  Justin
is not pumping, yet.                          Last week he had a blood sugar
reading of 21.  This was our first experience that low,  & I guess I over
treated! (4 glucose tabs,  a juice box-29 carbs, and a granola bar-17 carbs).
   His numbers after an hour were up over 500.  Is this normal?  How much
should I have given him?  He was still conscious,  but feeling really lousy &
not quite with it, very lightheaded & lethargic.  He was sitting in art
class,  and it just hit.  Luckily his friend saw what was going on & got
help!   It really scared him.....let alone me!!!     Thanks!  Your advice is

Mom of Justin/14   Dx'd 8/98  - not pumping yet
.....but hopefully soon!