Re: [IP] Night time highs

> this is weird.  Your last few days seem a lot like ours.  Michael
> (age 8) goes to bed with a reasonable BG (170) and then when I test
> him before I got to bed it's sky high (330).

This may be the "hit the pillow insulin needs" phenomena experienced
by many youngsters. You need to get an accurate profile of his bg's
as he goes to sleep. Try over several nights (not all the same night)
testing 1/2 hour, 1 hour, 1.5 hrs, 2 hrs after he falls asleep.

If you see a consistent sharp rise in bg's, then a temporary basal
rate which is high for a few hours will probably work for him as it
has for my daughter and many other kids on the list.