[IP] after meal high BG

rblakely <email @ redacted> wrote:
"The problem has been (in the past) that there was simply no way some
diabetics could achieve control over their BG immediately after eating.
The oral medications only stimulated a failing system and insulin was given
once or twice a day.  Now we have Humalog and we have the pump.  I believe
that those doctors who say that high readings after eating is OK are
ignoring what can be done."

I agree 100percent.  Although my son's control is still not easy and we do
have highs, we know how to avoid highs after meals by timing boluses and
including fat and protein with foods that digest quickly.  After meals is no
longer one of our problems.

Carol, mother of Michael age 8 and pumping since 12/98