Re: [IP] Jane- Gastro-paresis; other drugs? celiac?

email @ redacted wrote:

> Are any of you diagnosed with celiac disease, and if so, how were you
> diagnosed?  It often (but not always) seems that wheat makes things worse,
> but no doctor (I see a primary care, endo, and have seen a
> gastroenterologist) has suggested I be tested for this.

I am allergic to wheat, rice, oats, and barley.  Since celiac disease is
gluten related and rice has no gluten, my problem probably isn't celiac
disease.  If I want an upset stomach, gas, and other digestive problems,
all I have to do is eat any of these grains.

Have you told your docs that wheat often seems to make things worse?
Have you tried eliminating temporarily wheat from your diet?   If you
want to read more about celiac disease, including how it is diagnosed,
www.csaceliacs.org has lots of information.