[IP] A curious question about hyper active kids and diabetes

Hello everyone.  Just a quick question for the group.  When I was a
young child in elementary school I was classified as hyper active.  I
was put on the drug "ridilin" not sure if this is the correct spelling.
I eventually out grew the hyper activity.  I am now 29.  I wish I still
had that kind of energy.  My question is did anybody else in the group
have hyper activity that was treated with ridilin.  No one is my family
has diabetes.  No grandparents, cousins, no one.  Just was thinking that
maybe the few years of treatment with ridilin might have had something
to do with me getting diabetes.  Not sure but something to look into.
Thanks for the input.