[IP] Re: more on the lady....AIDS/HIV

sorry Sara, but you probably aren't going to like this one much

>I am working on a response to the person who write that AIDS is a result of >"irresponsible behavior"   beware

The AIDSCentral website (http://www.aidscentral.com/HIVFAQS.html)
"HIV is transmitted through unprotected sex, sharing needles, and
perinatally to children born from an infected mother"

The first two can (and should) be prevented. To me, that means that if
you got AIDS/HIV in these ways, it is irresponsible behavior.

There are people who get infected other ways, such as the babies
mentioned above, healthcare workers, and others. But these people are in
the minority. According to http://www.tht.org.uk/pubs/prvinfec.htm, in
1998 AT LEAST 95% of all the people in the UK who got AIDS/HIV got it
through unprotected sex. US numbers are similar (see

My conclusions: in almost all cases, people get AIDS/HIV through
irresponsible behavior. If people would be responsible about their
actions, we could prevent AIDS almost 100%. (I'm sure others will draw
their own conlusions, and that's fine, after all, YMMV...)