[IP] camping-kids independance

Hi All,

We went on a Cub Scout camping trip this weekend.  Luckily we had great
weather.  We got to the camp ground around 5:00 and at 6:00 we did a
temp basal rate of .2 for 12 hours(his basal rates at this time are
4-8pm=.5, 8-mid=.8, mid-5=.6), he did the normal kid stuff, flashlight
tag, capture the flag, s'mores.  We finally went to bed at 11:30 he was
300, a little high but i thought that's ok, went to bed at midnight and
woke at 7am bg=239, perfect i thought.  at 8:30 we went on a 2 1/2 mile
hike and suspended the pump the whole way.  After the hike he was 148!
I love this pump stuff, maybe i should have only set the night temp
basal at .3 we will try that next time.  But I was glad that I am a
leader and was able to go camping with him.  It will be hard next year
when he is a Boy Scout and maybe won't want his Mom to tag along.  He
does spend the night at friends houses, but I have him call me before he
goes to bed and when he awakes in the am.  It is hard to let go, he is
only 10, and he is still ok with his mom being around.  I know it won't
be this way forever.

Also we inserted a micro set for the first time today.So we'll see how
that goes.

mother of Alex(10) pumping 2 mths