[IP] Re: Minimed working on prefilled cartriges in conjunction w/Eli Lily

In conversation with Minimed rep in California about something totally
different (I had suggested using colored Humalog for cartridges to be able to
better see if there is a leak, air bubble, etc. in line), he said Minimed is
working with Eli Lily to have pre filled cartridges for the pump.  I guess
then they would have to vary doses so that someone using 120 units in two
days wouldn't waste too much insulin.  As a pumper since Oct. 13th I am
taking 30 minutes to set up and insert the new infusion.  My educator said I
will be able to accomplish this more quickly in the not to distant future.
So far, happy pumping. Developed cold and sore throat and the day before
seemed to need extra insulin.  The cold was the problem. I didn't have to
change infusion at that point. Getting lots of tips thru this web site and
will send contribution as soon as I balance the old checking account!  Thanks.