Well, I had to go through 3 digests before I found the errant message
you referred to. Don't sweat it.  If there's any problem with it, it's
that what you wrote to me made it sound as though you and I were
collaborating on pushing for donations.  Actually, you and I have never
talked about it.

As you know, and as I wrote previously in another post, I am acting
strictly on my own in urging people to contribute to the support of this
list and website, because I believe it's an important resource and
everyone who profits from it ought to support it if they are able.