Re: [[IP] night time lows]

""foley1ec <email @ redacted> wrote:
with all this talk about night time lows and testing... i was just curious...

i've been diabetic for almost 15 years (since age 7) and i have never once
passed out due to low blood sugar. also, i have always woken up in the night
with low blood sugar. i cannot sleep if i'm low. am i one of the few that can

do this?
Erinn (hopefully pumping in december)""
       I have had DM for 29 years and until a little more than 2 1/2 years
ago, I didn't pass out due to lows either, then all of that changed. I had
several occasions where I passed out, twice requiring an ambulance trip to the
ER. I am on a pump now, for this very reason. I also wake up in the a.m. if my
BS is low. It is still important to test during the night though, because
sometimes you can have a low during the night and sleep through it and never
know it. Just because you don't remember it, doesn't mean it did not happen.
Maybe these changes happen due to length of time having DM, or other things
happening due to DM and some complications. I hope that you continue to have
your hypo awareness forever, but it is very important, and especially when
pumping to test during the night. Good luck! Denise