Re: [IP] ignorance of loved ones and diet advice needed

weight watchers has changed its course recently to allow people to eat whatever they want as long as they 'bolus'...(count points..had to throw that in).  as long as you stay within your point range, you can eat candy like this. it may mean not having a double dish of pasta or that chicken/steak...but you are not deprived.  you might want to look into it.
as far as the inlaws go...I would ignore them.  or give them literature on the pump.