Re: [IP] Diabetes-attention getter??

I don't think people around me think I use my diabetes as a way to get
attention, but I remember early on in my life as a diabetic, in elementary
school, the kids thinking I was the coolest thing because I used to eat
snacks in class!  My mom also used to come on all the field trips for the
first few years(due to my passing out and ending up in the hospital on my
first post-diagnosis field trip in the first grade!), so the kids thought I
used to use the diabetes to my advantage, to get what I want.  I do have to
admit that in high school, I sometimes used it to my advantage, but not too
much, only a few times, I didn't want kids to think of me as "different" so I
wouldn't give them reason, except for those few times!! lol  As for now, I
know people worry about me and how I am doing, such as my boyfriend, but at
this point in my life I would rather do the "wrong" thing than bring
attention to myself.  By this I mean, if I am at work and I am low, I would
rather the other girls who came in before me go on their breaks first, the
way it is always done, rather than go before them so I can eat.  They offer
to let me go before them so I can eat, but I always refuse, I would rather
drink a juice at the cash register and wait till it's my turn, rather than
take advantage and go first.  I know this is wrong, but I don't want people
thinking I am trying to "get attention" or "use it to my advantage."  Kelly