[IP] Re: List Etiquette

A few points were missed on what has become accepted procedures for this list.

-When you respond to a post, make sure that you include every line, whether it has
any relevancy or not.  All the members of the list have plenty of time and
computer space, so we might as well use it.
-If you aren't able to send everything, make sure that nothing at all is sent.
Just the subject and your response, like 'I agree' 'good luck' or 'me too'.  Don't
worry about editing out what the response regards, everyone knows every line from
every message (see above).
-Use the list as a personal message board.  If you want to send personal messages
to anyone, use the list, don't bother to use the return address on any post as we
all want to keep up with what's going on.  If you want to see if there are any
members from Leroy Minnesota, don't look in the members map, post the question to
the list.
-Remember that the way you do things, and the pump you use, is the only correct
way to treat dm.  Anything else is evil.
-Keep the posts as redundant as possible.  If there has been multiple replies that
you agree with, make sure that you add a post for your agreement, as quantity
beats quality every time.
-If you're one of the very few that does not enjoy multiple, duplicitous,
meaningless posts, do not bother to read the instructions on every message.  When
you decide to unsubscribe, just send multiple unsubscribe messages to the list.
All the rest of us want to see who is leaving and really do enjoy having a lot of
worthless messages.

(g) I wonder how many will not realize that this is a little bit facetious?
Although I have probably done some of the above, and most members are careful with
their posts, with 1,200 (?) members we all need to try to keep this list as
efficient as possible.
Jack Granowski
email @ redacted
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way,
when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their shoes.
 -- Dave Barry