[IP] Sudden BG Drops

I noticed several folks have mentioned very sudden drops in their blood
glucose. I have a consistent problem with something just a little different
and am wondering how common it is. Right now I am on MDI but should be
pumping within a month (first training session on 11/3 ). After I eat a meal
my sugar is often about 200 two hours later. An hour later it is usually 140
or so. Then in the next half hour it will fall like a stone to somewhere
between 60 and 80. If I take enough Humalog before the meal to make my sugar
say 150 2 hours after a meal I drop down into the 40s or 50s during that
last 30 minutes I mentioned. To say the least this is aggravating. Is it
common among diabetics? Is it a common thing on MDI? It doesn't always
happen but it happens with enough regularity to be something I have to watch
out for.

David Dougherty